Complete the Week 3 Homework Exercise.
Week 3 Homework Exercise
Answer the following questions in 25 to 50 words each, covering material from Ch. 6 and 7 of Methods in Behavioral Research:
1. What is the difference between a qualitative method of behavioral research and a quantitative method of behavioral research?
2. What is a case study? When are case studies most useful?
3. What are different methods for administering surveys? When would you use each method?
4. Why is the wording of questions important in survey research? What types of questions should be avoided? Why?
5. What is interview bias? When can this occur?
6. A researcher attends an art reception in a major metropolitan city. She decides to approach people over the age of 50 and ask them to fill out a brief survey about purchasing artwork. Is this a probability or a nonprobability sampling technique? What type of sampling procedure—simple random, stratified random, cluster, haphazard, purposive, or quota—is this?